This 'n That {Part 1}

9:55 PM

Last year for Nationals, Joy did weekly posts with links to various resources around the web.  This year, I won't be able to do that every week, but I hope to do at least a few posts with things that I found online that were helpful or interesting.

To kick off the Bible Bee season, here's a post from a Bible Bee graduate.  It just about made me cry while I was reading it.  Bible Bee has meant so much to so many of us, and this post really summarizes the Bible Bee, especially the wonderful community at Nationals.

A Bible Bee Senior recently wrote a post with tips for memorizing Scripture.  All of the tips are very helpful, and this post highlights some of the most important things you should do when memorizing Scripture (especially tips #1-3).  I wish that I had known all of this when I first started memorizing Scripture.

During the Bible Bee off-season, some contestants put together a study of John 13-21.  Although it's not geared towards Bible Bee, I'm sure that it would be very helpful to take a look at it if you have some extra time.

A former Bible Bee contestant is writing Scripture songs for the memory passages in all four versions!  Listening to Scripture set to music is so helpful.  I've found that it works very well for long-term memory.  I can still remember verses that I listened to years back, even though I haven't reviewed them since.

A good friend of mine is planning to write a series of posts on the I Am statements in John.  The first one is I am the Bread of Life.  Be sure to check back for more posts!

Here are some tips that a Bible Bee contestant has written.  The tips are very helpful and down-to-earth.  They're especially good to read if you're doing Bible Bee for the first time this year.

I hope to write again soon with tips for Primaries (though I'm not completely sure what my definition of "soon" is).  Have a blessed week studying the Word of God!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thanks so much for mentioning my post, Anna! I really appreciate it. ;) These posts are always so cool--it's neat to see the different articles you've found. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure that your comment is in accordance with Colossians 4:6: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." I will not reply to every comment, but if you have a question or concern, I will try to get back with you.
Thanks for making my day!