Sign up for Bible Bee 2016

8:07 AM


It's April again, and registration for the National Bible Bee is now open!  This will be my fifth year to compete in Locals, and I am looking forward to it so much!  Every summer since 2012, the Lord has allowed me to participate in this competition, and each year, He uses His Word to change me more and more.  I can tell you that I wouldn't be who I am if God had not brought the Bible Bee into my life.

This year, the Bible Bee will be using the Discovery Journal.  The Discovery Journal guides us in learning the Word of God, including Greek and Hebrew word studies, cross-references, and historical context.  In addition, we will be given Scripture passages to memorize.   This is an eight-week study, which means that you'll have an extra week to catch up, review, or study something extra before August 6th (the Local competition date).  Another great thing about the Discovery Journal is that you can spend as little as 20 minutes a day on it.  This means that if you already have a busy schedule, you can still participate in the summer study.  Of course, you can spend much more than twenty minutes on it if you like!  Because Scripture is God-breathed, there will always be something new that we can learn from it.

This year, the Bible Bee will also be implementing Memorization Achievement Points, a Bible Bee community on Google+, oratory awards, and an opportunity to win cash prizes at the local level.  I'm excited about all of these, and I think that they will provide extra incentive and motivation.

The Bible Bee also provides an opportunity to meet other Christians, as well as spend time studying Scripture with your family. Through the Bible Bee, I have been able to invest in the lives of my little brothers by helping them study for the Bible Bee, and I have also grown closer to my sisters by preparing for Nationals with them.  The Bible Bee has give me the opportunity to meet so many fellow believers.  One thing that has really been an encouragement to me is meeting many young believers.  I'm inspired to serve the Lord more when I see other teenagers and children who are seeking the Lord wholeheartedly.

All of this sounds great, but I still haven't mentioned the best part: the heart for God's Word that many of us have through the Bible Bee.  I have found that the Bible Bee provides a great opportunity to spend extra time in God's Word.  Before Bible Bee, I lacked motivation to memorize and study God's Word.  I viewed Scripture as something that I, as a Christian, should spend time in.  I thought that it was something that I needed to do -- but now it is something that I want to do!  When I started memorizing Scripture for the Bible Bee, I realized what a joy it is.  It's not some boring task that Christians should complete every now and then.  Scripture is alive!  It changes hearts, and when we get into God's Word, it will change our hearts, too.  Memorizing is now my favorite thing to do.

Even if you don't do the Bible Bee this year or ever, I encourage you to get into the Word of God.  It is living and active.  God's Word brings so much joy, peace, and hope.  When we know God's Word we are better able to obey it, as well as share it with others.  Studying Scripture teaches us how to glorify the Lord by serving Him.  What better way is there to spend your summer than in the Word of God?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is a wonderful summary, Anna! Love it. =) Thank you for encouraging many to pursue God's Word with all their heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful description! I am considering having my family do the Bible bee study this summer - your summary overflows with your love for the Lord! Thank you for sharing & may you continue to grow in your wisdom & knowledge of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is neat that you are thinking about signing up your kids for this year's Bible Bee! I hope that you do. It has been such a blessing in my life, and I've seen God use it in many others' lives as well. Let me know if you have any questions about Bible Bee, and I'll do my best to answer.

      By the way, you're not the Carrie whose children I babysit, are you?

      Delete

Please make sure that your comment is in accordance with Colossians 4:6: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." I will not reply to every comment, but if you have a question or concern, I will try to get back with you.
Thanks for making my day!