A Letter to my Bible Bee friends

5:50 PM

Dear friends,
I can't believe that Nationals is only two days away!!! I feel nowhere near prepared, but then, at the same time, I am very ready to see all of you!

This has been a great journey, hasn't it?! God has taught us so much, and I look forward to seeing what He will teach us in the days, months, and years following Nationals. The Bible Bee has given us the tools to live a life centered around the Word of God, and now it's up to us to implement these tools in our lives. Although it may feel like it's the exact opposite at times, the Bible Bee is really just preparation for the rest of life. God has used it in amazing ways to change my life, and I know that many of you could say the same; but our time in the Word shouldn't be kept to six months of the year. God's Word is living and active! It changes hearts. It convicts us of sin. It brings comfort and joy. When we study and memorize the Bible, we are drawn closer to God and we know Him so much better. Do you feel like you have grown a lot spiritually over the past few months? It may be because you have increased your daily intake of God's Word. So don't stop studying it! We hide God's Word in our hearts so that we will not sin, and His Word helps us to do exactly that. All of the wonderful verses that we have memorized will stay with us for the rest of our lives -- we may not remember them word-perfect, but the Holy Spirit will bring to our remembrance the lessons that we have learned from them.

I also want to encourage you to "not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." God is in control of it all. He knows exactly where we will rank, and that is exactly what is best for us. We shouldn't worry about the outcome of this week, because it's not eternal. Yes, God's Word is eternal, but the Bible Bee isn't. It may be very important to us while we are alive on earth, but it won't matter in heaven how we did in the Bible Bee. God's way is perfect.

Lastly, I want to encourage you to glorify God. This is very hard for all of us. As sinful humans, we enjoy the praise that comes from men. But "how can [we] believe when [we] receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?" God saved us so that we would declare His praise, so that we would glorify Him. So, since He is sending us to the National Bible Bee, let's glorify Him with all that is in us! He is the One who gave us endurance through it all. He is the One who gave us understanding. To Him be the glory! Press on!

Looking forward to seeing y'all in two days!!!
In Christ,
Anna

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I wanted to say Congratulations to all of you National Bible Bee contestants! I was able to watch some of the semi-finals and finals of all the groups and the work that y'all put into this was amazing to witness! I found this blog over Memverse and even though I don't do Bible Bee, I do Bible quiz and the studying tips and articles and everything are still helpful - and I'm sure they'll be helpful especially when I do Bible Bee next year Lord willing!! :)
    Keep up the good work! Y'all are a blessing!
    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making semis! And congrats to Delie on winning! I was able to watch the webcast and it was AMAZING watching the Word of God proclaimed!

    ~My Savior Lives on Memverse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Anna! This was such a wonderful reminder for me, especially since I'm reading it from the other side of Nationals. I particularly like the part about the outcome of Nationals not being eternal, because, twenty years from now, it won't matter if we scored as high as we would have liked to or not. What will matter is our relationship with Jesus and how our time spent immersed in God's Word changed our lives.
    Also, congratulations on making it to semi-finals! You did a great job, and Kara really enjoyed being in semis with both you and Delie. :) You all are such an encouragement and blessing to me! ~Kaitlyn R.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure that your comment is in accordance with Colossians 4:6: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." I will not reply to every comment, but if you have a question or concern, I will try to get back with you.
Thanks for making my day!