Puzzles for John 1-6

7:54 AM

I recently made a few puzzles for John 1-6, and thought I'd share them here. They're mostly geared toward Primaries, but Juniors and Seniors are certainly welcome to use them, too! You can probably copy and paste it onto Microsoft Word, and then print it off from there.
Places in John 1-6
This puzzle contains all the towns, cities, regions, etc. mentioned in John 1-6. And yes, some of those other words in the puzzle were intentional (but there are probably some that were not). Some of the words are upside down or backwards, but there are no diagonal words.

Aenon, Bethany, Bethsaida, Cana, Capernaum, Galilee, Israel, Jerusalem, Jordan, Judea, Salim, Sychar, Samaria, Tiberias

Nicodemus and Jesus

When Nicodemus came to Jesus at night, Jesus told him that to inherit eternal life ______. Cross out all of the letter C,  J, L, P, Q, V, W, X, and Z in the puzzle below. Then write down the leftover letters to reveal the answer to the fill in the blank.



C J Y L O Q V Z U W J X M W Z C C U V W X S P


C L T C C V W B E Q J X B P X C O R  N V W J L


W A C X J G P  P A C Q I Z Z N J L


People in John 1-6
This puzzle includes all the named people in John 1-6.



Across

1.  Although I am never named in the Gospel of John, you know who I am from other gospels. I was present at Jesus’ first miracle.

2.  I am the main character in the Gospel of John.

3. John the Baptist was asked if he was me, the prophet, and the Christ.

5.  I am a carpenter by trade. Many people thought that I was Jesus’ father.

7.  My name means rock or stone. Write the name that Jesus gave me in John 1.

8. Jesus said that I had a devil in John 6.

10. I brought my brother to Jesus.

11. I said that the people of Nazareth were no good, but shortly afterwards changed my mind.


Down

2. I came to prepare the way for Jesus.
4. I am the only person that Jesus said "follow me" to in John 1-6.
6. I am a Pharisee. I buried Jesus with Joseph of Arimathea.
9. I prophesied about Jesus and John the Baptist. My book is the longest of the prophets.

Happy studying! Less than two weeks to go!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these! This is going to be such a fun activity for me and my younger brother and/or sister (though she can probably do it by herself) to do together. I'm so excited to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anna! This looks like a lot of fun! Plus, it's a great review of people and places from John 1-6! ~Kaitlyn R. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure that your comment is in accordance with Colossians 4:6: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." I will not reply to every comment, but if you have a question or concern, I will try to get back with you.
Thanks for making my day!