Study plans

5:00 AM

Now that Bible Bee study will be starting tomorrow instead of in three weeks, I've started thinking about how I will study the first few weeks without the Bible Bee Study Guide. Here are my plans:

Read the book every day 
This should help me to get a good feel for the book and be be better prepared once we get our Bible Bee Study Guides. If the book is very long, then I'll probably take a few days to read it.

Summarize each verse 
Again, this is only if the book is a reasonable length. You could also "interview" each verse like we have done in the Sword Study the past few years.

Study all people, places, etc. mentioned in the book 
This would include studying the meanings of the names of people/places in the book, the date of when the book was written, and any other overview-type studying.

Read commentaries 
Usually I only read the first part of a commentary, but hopefully I'll have time to finish one this year! :) I really like the ESV study Bible notes, so I plan to read those, too.

Memorize the book 
I'm hoping that this will come easily with all of the reading that I plan to do. I really enjoy Faith Comes by Hearing (an ESV audio Bible) and I will probably use it to help me with memorizing.

These are only goals, so I might not do some, or I might study something else that I haven't planned to. As always, I enjoy hearing your thoughts, and would love to hear how you're planning to study the first few weeks of Bible Bee!

Posted by Anna Moss

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Can't wait till TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it's Ruth; that would be a fun one to study! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Hannah! Ruth would be fun to study! However, I'm pretty sure that they are not doing it because that is what Mrs. McMahan wrote the Sword Study on, and I have heard that those will not be the same. Looking forward to tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Yeah. I only got the idea of Ruth because of the 2015 SS. Aw man. I still can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really helpful. Gonna have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure that your comment is in accordance with Colossians 4:6: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." I will not reply to every comment, but if you have a question or concern, I will try to get back with you.
Thanks for making my day!