Five a week challlenge: Week 3

12:00 AM



This week you only have one passage! Back in February, I memorized Psalm 119.There are so many good verses in it about the Word of God! It is so evident that the psalmist loves and treasures God’s Word far above anything else! Do you love God’s Word? Is Scripture memory something that you do out of duty, or out of a genuine desire to know God better? If you could only have one thing, what would it be? May we be like the psalmist and say, “Oh, how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day.” Here’s your passage:

Psalm 119:9-13
“How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your statutes! With my lips I declare all the rules of your mouth.”

Such good verses! I could be wrong about this, but I am guessing that the majority of those who are reading this are fairly young. God’s Word helps to keep our way pure. Studying the Bible helps us to seek the Lord with all our heart! Why do you memorize Scripture? So that you can win a prize? So that when your friends ask you what you have been memorizing, you can impress them with everything that you know? I hope that these are not the reasons. We should want the Lord to teach us His statutes so that we will not sin against Him. Then we will be able to proclaim His rules to the world!

What is your favorite verse that you have memorized so far?

Posted by Anna Moss

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Those are beautiful verses from a wonderful Psalm! I am definitely looking forward to June 1, but this is something great to do in the meantime! I hope that you continue to post from June 1 to August 8! ;)
    Quick question: Would it be OK if I shared your blog url (not your name) to my Facebook and Twitter followers/ BB friends?
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am planning to continue blogging through August 8. Lord willing, I will continue to blog until I graduate from BB after 2018!
      Yes, that would be great! You can share the link on FB or Twitter.

      Delete
  2. My favorite is either Psalm 119:103 or John 14:23. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely blog about the Bible Bee! I have participated for the last few years and it has been wonderful. Are you going to have guest poster? :)
    In Christ,
    Senior Bible bee-er

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I plan to have guest posts. I have had several people who seemed interested in it, but are busy finishing up school right now, so it may be awhile. If you'd like to, I'd love for you to! :)

      Delete
  4. Your blog is just so sweet! I love the verses and I especially love the honey bee. :) You should promote it on Google Plus to help spread the Word. :)
    Have a good day.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      Delete
    2. Thank you! My sister designed the header, so I'll have to tell her that you liked the bee :).

      Delete
  5. You memorized ALL of Psalm 119? Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, though it's rather rusty right now :).

      Delete

Please make sure that your comment is in accordance with Colossians 4:6: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." I will not reply to every comment, but if you have a question or concern, I will try to get back with you.
Thanks for making my day!