Five a week challenge: Week 4

12:00 AM



Congratulations on making it halfway through this challenge! I have been very busy this week, so since I'm writing this later than I normally do, I'm just going to give a summary of this week's verses at the beginning of this post.
This week's verses focus on the comfort and joy that we have from the Word of God. There have been so many times that I have been sad or discouraged and the verses that I have been memorizing have given me joy. Whether I'm just having a hard day or good friends die in a car accident, I have the Word of God to comfort me and remind me that God is in control and that this is for my good and the good of all others who believe in Christ. The Bible teaches us over and over that God is sovereign and will work all things for His glory and our good.
You may notice that one of this week's passages, Isaiah 26:3-4, never mentions God's Word. However, I am always reminded of memorizing Scripture when I read it. Back in 2013, I was thrilled to qualify for Nationals for the first time! Overnight, I went from memorizing a verse or two every now and then to ten a day. I was amazed at how much my thought life changed! When you are spending hours and hours doing something, you will find it to be nearly impossible to not think about it much of the time (even when you're sleeping!). This is why I love memorizing! I get to study the greatest book ever written, and thus I get to know its Author even better!
Isaiah 26:3-4
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock."
Psalm 94:19
"When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul."
2 Samuel 22:31
"This God -- his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him."
Psalm 119:50
"This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life."
One more thing: If you want to receive your materials by June 1st, you should sign up for the Bible Bee today (May 11th). You will still be able to register after today; it's just a good idea to go ahead and sign up now.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Thanks Anna! I just put them up on Scripture Typer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Bible Bee actually won't start until June 22, could you continue until then? PLEASE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I'll think about it.

      Delete
    2. Okay, thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. Well, even if you don't continue through June 22 please post study tips/guest posters, etc! Your blog is super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will! I hope to continue this blog for awhile! I'm just thinking about whether or not I want to continue the challenge through June 22.

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure that your comment is in accordance with Colossians 4:6: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." I will not reply to every comment, but if you have a question or concern, I will try to get back with you.
Thanks for making my day!