Twelve sons of Jacob crossword puzzle

3:30 AM

If you're like me, you can probably quickly name around ten of Jacob's sons, and then you get stuck and can't remember the rest no matter how long you think. I recently tried to name them all, and I just couldn't remember two of them. Finally, I gave up and looked at my Bible. I had forgotten Levi and one other! I don't know how I managed to forget Levi. To help me remember, I made a crossword puzzle. Hopefully this will help me (and you) to remember them all now. Please let me know if I made any mistakes, or if you have any trouble. Feel free to look in your Bible for help. Genesis 35:23-26 has a list of all of Jacob's sons, and you can search anything that you can't find in your Bible on biblegateway.com. You can probably just copy and paste this on to something, and then print it off. Here it is:

Down
1. Jacob's favorite son
2. The 2nd largest tribe when the people were numbered in the wilderness of Sinai
4. His descendants were priests
6. Jacob prophesied that raiders would raid this tribe
8. Jacob's firstborn
11. Leah's last son


Across
1. A father to many kings
3. Bilah's second (and last) son
5. This son's name means "wages" or "hire"
7. The tribe that the prophetess Anna was from
9. His mother named him Ben-oni, but Jacob changed his name
10. With Levi, he attacked a Hivite city because the prince had defiled Dinah (Jacob's daughter)

Posted by Anna Moss

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. *looks up from crossword* Oh! Hi! And thanks for making the crossword! *looks back down and starts writing*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got them all without peeking! (Oh, except for Zebulun, Simeon, Issachar, and Naphtali...)

    XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! :) It's a bit difficult and I know that I couldn't have done it without peeking (well, I guess I could now since I spent several hours making it :)), but I think that games help me to learn :).

      Delete
  3. I reviewed them again last night, and I remembered all except Levi. XP Then I reviewed them today, and I remembered them all!

    Thanks for making it! Before I did it I could only remember like 4. *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Hannah! :) Hopefully, this will help us to remember them all now!

      Delete

Please make sure that your comment is in accordance with Colossians 4:6: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." I will not reply to every comment, but if you have a question or concern, I will try to get back with you.
Thanks for making my day!