Five a week challenge: Week 2

12:00 AM



Well, here is Week 2! I hope that you are continuing to persevere in memorizing and living out God’s Word! This week’s verses tend to focus on obeying and applying Scripture to our lives. I haven’t written as much about the passages this time, partly because I’m writing this later in the week than I did last time, and also because I haven’t memorized as many of these as I did last week’s before I posted them, so I don’t know them as well. You may notice that you have four passages this week, instead of five. However, you still have five verses total. I made one of the passages two verses, to add context. Context is very important! Knowing the context of a verse can sometimes make a huge difference on how you understand the passage. I would definitely recommend looking at context for every passage you memorize. First of all, it will help you with General Bible Knowledge; but more importantly, it will help you to better understand exactly what is happening in the passage. But I better not write too much about that now, and save it for another post someday :). Oh, and one more thing, you can start this challenge whenever you want. So if you are just now hearing about it, you can still do it, and it isn't any problem for anyone.

Psalm 37:30-31
"The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks justice. The law of his God is in his heart; his steps do not slip."
This is one of my new favorite verses :). A couple months ago, I was reading this Psalm, and came across this verse. It really made me think about how memorizing God’s Word, hiding it in your heart, helps us to keep from stumbling. God’s Word is our life’s manual. It has instructions, and we must follow these instructions. When you don’t know how to handle a situation, always go to the Bible. But how much easier it will be if you have it already in your heart!
Deuteronomy 30:14
"But the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it."

When God’s Word is in your heart, then you can do it. Like I was saying after Psalm 37:30-31, when you have Scripture memorized, it makes it easier to know the right thing to do.

John 14:23

"Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."
If you love God, then you will want to keep His Word. If you love God and keep His Word, then He will abide in you. Knowing God’s Word helps you to know God better, and to want to obey Him.
Psalm 119:133
"Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me."
You may already feel like I keep on telling you that you should read some chapter because it’s so great, but…Psalm 119 is such a great chapter, and if you have time, please read it! I apologize for giving you two passages from Psalms that talk about steps, but they both seemed appropriate, so I've given them to you anyway!
For those of you who use Scripture Typer, Hannah W. has made a group for this. The link is https://scripturetyper.com/Group/View/41d193813d/
Posted by Anna Moss


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Beautiful verses! This is a great blog and I am blessed to have found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esta blog es muy hermosa. Dios le bendiga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias! Que Dios te bendiga, también! Y no sé a español, así que podría haber algunos de esta mal :).

      Delete
  3. There's a "J" at the near the end of where you talk before you show the verses. JSYK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is soo lovely! I'm glad that I found it.

    Just joined the scripture typer group. I am BibleBeeSenior on ST. :)

    Keep shining for Him!

    ReplyDelete

Please make sure that your comment is in accordance with Colossians 4:6: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." I will not reply to every comment, but if you have a question or concern, I will try to get back with you.
Thanks for making my day!